Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Relief

 

I don't really get wildly anxious anymore; not ever since I've been on medication. This is great! I don't have panic attacks anymore but I do still feel the anxiety. I often think to myself at specific moments "Wow, I'd be having an anxiety attack right about now!"

During the past few days I've felt that anxiety and I'm thankful that I'm on that medication. Having watched a feature film after work on Monday and watching Mildred Pierce after work on Tuesday I wondered if I'd even be able to edit the comeback episode of the podcast I host (JSB Animecast). I definitely don't regret watching The Taste of Things or Mildred Pierce (Spoiler Alert: I will NEVER regret watching Mildred Pierce) but certainly one of the egos in my head couldn't help saying "Yeah, that's really why you didn't find success in that field." 


Luckily given the state of things and the method to material I was relieved to find out I didn't have to do much. I synced audio with my faux slate (my hands), threw in some intro music, cut out the stuff where we were not doing the cast and then the footage ends (the camera only had one battery) so the rest is audio! The last bits needed really is editing the middle portion where we talk about upcoming events coming to Nakama (where we shot the podcast) and secure some sort of visual for the thumbnail as well as on screen when it's just audio (which is a majority of it).

Now I'm looking to improve where I can. I'm thinking about buying a camera with my first paycheck from the new job. I can't outright pay for it, but they do those monthly payment plans and no interest if I pay it off in 12 months. I have a lot to catch up with money wise and adding this probably isn't the wisest, but I really do want video to go along with the cast. Still, because of the past 5 months money continues to be an anxiety. I constantly just want to provide to those around me. It's even stronger nowadays because honestly without their support I don't know if I'm even here today. It means a lot.

At least I feel good about work. I'm lucky to have a very good boss. He's able to not just compliment or tell me I'm doing well but he's specific, so it doesn't feel like hot air. You know of those corporate "You're a rock star" types. He doesn't do that. It feels genuine and that's refreshing. I just hope every day that I am not annoying the person who is training me.

The last thing I do think about is how little time I have now. My body just can't go beyond 11 PM practically anymore if I want to be rested for work. Given my vast amount of interests this bums me out. I want to stream, I want to play certain games, etc. I just can't. I have to edit, if I do play a game it has to be a game that won't stress me out, I want to watch movies, I want to watch anime, the jumbled mess in my brain goes on and on.

All that said it does feel like the world is much more steady than before. It no longer feels as if I'm in some sort of spiraling delirium where I have to cling to any semblance of hope I can find. I look forward to the weekend where I get to watch Oppenheimer and show that to folks who have never seen. I cannot express how much that's one of my favorite activities. Showing my favorite pieces of media to my friends really brings me life. Oh, and I have to find time for Pluto, the anime for the next anime cast. At least those moments I'll really treasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment