Monday, February 26, 2024

Trial of the Dragon

 

This post was actually supposed to be done on the 22nd but I had been running around all weekend.

My title is in reference to bearded dragons. I want one pretty bad. I often find myself in a weird situation because I want a dog but my sister is allergic to them but then I want a cat and my mom is allergic to them, on top of the fact that I watch mom's dogs occasionally too so that's just a recipe for disaster.

A bearded dragon is a great middle ground for me. For awhile I wanted a chameleon but those are reptiles that don't like to get handled. It's not that beardies like to get handled but rather I think they're indifferent to it, so it can like... vibe with me.

Anyway, enough lizard talk. I'm lucky to have Cary in my corner. We quickly got the photoshops in for the tech difficulties in the podcast. We also made a thumbnail that I really like! This season of the podcast has gotten off on the right foot despite the issues.

Speaking of issues, I'll be hoping to remedy some soon. Good news! I got my first paycheck. Bad news! It's taking 50 years to clear for some reason, so I don't actually have the money. That being said I was able to make my first major purchase. I'm a big advocate that your first paycheck should be something special. in this situation I bought a Sony A7 IV. This should hopefully remedy any camera woes as well as up our quality. I unfortunately had to get a Best Buy credit card in order to do the monthly payment option, which is fine, I'll just never touch it.

The only things that really concern me these days is the block of time now. Every job I've had since the lockdown was either work from home or hybrid. Having to go to an office 5 days out of the week has really taken getting used to. Also, this is straight up a block of time I have to dedicate to it all, fully. It's strange and now I have to be picky and choosy about what I do with my remaining time, especially since I put a hard cap on going to bed at 11 at the latest. This all isn't a bad thing, it's just a lot to get used to.

Also, I've started to lose weight again. It's steady, I'm back on keto and the pace is good. It's weird, I'm fully in this zone of like... it's just good for me. I know this, but eventually, just like last time, the compliments are gonna come like... "oh, you lost weight!" or "lookin' good dude." I always feel weird about it, because I would rather be... eating anything. But as I've learned my life isn't only mine. Yeah, that's just word jumble. I don't know. I don't really like compliments about losing weight. It's a necessity, not some goal I have. I also don't care about the physical aesthetics that come with it because it doesn't change how I would want people to view me. Regardless of what people say I do not find myself attractive and no one I've ever cared to want to find me attractive has ever found me attractive. This isn't just physical, this is also personality. This is purely health and I'm content with that, which is why it's weird. Whatever.


So what do I do with my time now? Do I still play League? Do I want to play mtg? I got back into the Arena. That's been fun. I've also been making a commander deck every day. That rules. I just haven't played commander. Which I might be fine with? I'm unsure. I love the act of building decks and I love the possibility. I have often hated how most of my commander games go though, so I nowadays contend with whether or not I actually enjoy playing it. I thought about why I dislike the politicking aspect of commander, because I think I definitely come across as a person who would enjoy that. I think I don't because it doesn't have a natural component to conceal. You have to conceal yourself. What I mean, it's not normal in a game of commander to have a "spy" or "mafia" which is intrinsically sewn into the games of deceit I do enjoy. It's just... he said she said, and I hate that, because I cannot navigate that. Otherwise I've been enjoying drafting Karlov despite how slow it is and how bad I'm doing. Card games are just fun.

I'm excited for two things: Kiss Me Deadly tomorrow (my favorite noir film) and the next podcast episode. The subject is the anime Pluto, which is literally Astro Boy. Pretty wild. Anyway, alot of thoughts, just wanted to get it out on paper. I work again tomorrow and work Saturday for the Home and Patio Show. Hopefully that's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment