Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Slow

 I definitely had some minor brain worms the other day. Everything was a cluttering barrage of thoughts. My mind has been all over the place when not at work or in my dreams. Speaking of dreams I had one of THOSE dreams last night. A long form dream where I fell in love. I don't really want to talk about them. I don't like them, mostly because I wake up from them, but also because of the reality that it doesn't  provide that same feeling as a real relationship. Anything I dream about is fabricated and since I've never had a a relationship I'd consider loving I know that whatever my head has cooked up is a flight of fluffed up fancy. It's all a bummer.



I also have a little bit of anxiety with the upcoming cast. Once again, not completely ideal circumstances. I used to want to have a cast that was very flexible. We can just schedule it whenever and move it depending on life events but nowadays I find myself wanting it to be consistent, especially since I want it to be consistent for the audience and I want my time to edit correctly. I don't know, it's all new thoughts.

I also have to hunker down and blaze through I, Robot. I really want that book to be a part of the conversation, at least something I bring to it. I'm also uncertain if I like Pluto. It's a slow burn and normally I'm cool with slow burns, but there's so many characters constantly being introduced I'm unsure how to feel. I'll hopefully be able to compose better thoughts on it as I finish and get my notes compiled, but maybe my friend is right. How does this separate itself from the rest of the medium?

I'm also considering playing Modern MTG. We'll see. It's not something I can just hop into. Even though I got my first paycheck I still got a friend's bachelor party this month and then his wedding next. I gotta balance my budget better. At least for sure early on. I JUST got my job after all. I can't suddenly go ham on what I used to do.

Oh, I also had an idea for a short story. I don't think I'll write it. I don't really write stories anymore. I don't really know what I want from something like that. There's certainly a part of me that longs for it, but with everything going on and how I have to balance my time is that even a voice I listen to? No. No, I don't think so. We'll see how it goes I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment